How to draw from your imagination in 5 steps. This video tutorial shows you step by step how to draw from your imagination or draw from your mind.
If you are having a difficult time coming up with your own design. It is most likely because you do not have enough asset in your visual library. You can follow this instruction. Hopefully, it will help you improve your skill in that area. And you will be able to draw from your own imagination.
1) First, set your theme and be specific about your topic. You have to be specific on the topic of your choice. For example, Western sci-fi, post-apocalyptic sci-fi, steampunk sci-fi, or high fantasy, gritty fantasy, etc. Then start drawing your own without using any reference right away. Save your drawing and move on to the next step.
2) Second, you must look for references. Make sure all your references fit your topic. I would recommend picking 50-150 images so you will have a lot of ideas to spring off from.
3) Then, you will use paper doll method. You have to break down a few samples apart. Then you can mix and match them to other design pieces.
4) Observe and study specific part of shoulder pieces or knee guards. Then study them carefully.
5) Make improvements to your previous design by visualization.
Hope this is helpful.
-PHOTOSHOP CS5 or CS6
-Wacom Intuos5 Medium Pen Tablet
Learn how to draw and paint both traditional and digital with FREE video tutorials and step by step images from professional concept artist Xia Taptara.