Yun Ling aka Lingy-0, Master Artist interview. He is one of my favorite artists that I’ve found on the internet. He currently works for Volta as a concept artist, and was kind enough to give us a short interview here at idrawgirls.com
1. How and why did you want to become a Concept Artist?
Yun Ling: At first I just liked to draw, but I didn’t realize what I could do, then I found a job as a concept artist by chance, and that’s how I began.
2. What is your first art job and how did you start?
Yun Ling: My first art job was freelance work. It was for one of my friends doing some illustrations for cards. They were very small works.
3. Where do you get your inspiration from?
Yun Ling: I’m inspired by a lot of things: books, movies, comics, and other artists of course. A good story is the most inspiring.
4. To you, what are the three most important elements in painting or concept art in general?
Yun Ling: I think the most important element is idea, I don’t know what to draw if I have no idea. then basic drawing knowledge it’s the tool, and composition. This is a key to make a picture beautiful.
5. What would you suggest to young artists on how to get start and become the better artist?
Yun Ling: Keep drawing from life as suggested by many arists. I’m still learning to do this.
You can connect with him at LinkedIn here: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lingy0
Now go draw and paint more.