What kind of music to listen to while drawing. Do you listen to music when you draw? What music to listen to while you draw? Can music enhance your artistic creation?
I would like to think so…hope that any cool music to listen to while you draw would inspire.
Many e-mails I received ask me about do I listen to music while I draw.
Yes, 80% of the time and the other 20% is silent…depending on where I am.
And Specialists from the fields of music, neuroscience, psychology, and neurology describe advances in understanding the complex relationship between music and the brain. Intended for psychologists and neuroscientists, contributions address the origins of music, the musical mind, the neurons of music, musical brain substrates, musical expertise and brain plasticity, and the relation of music to other cognitive domains.
Listening to, in particular, classical and instrumental music, has recently been thought to enhance performance on cognitive tests. Contributors to this volume take a closer look at this assertion and their findings indicate that listening to any music that is personally enjoyable has positive effects on cognition. In addition, the use of music to enhance memory is explored and research suggests that musical recitation enhances the coding of information by activating neural networks in a more united and thus more optimal fashion.
-Source-ScienceDaily (June 22, 2006)
Here are the list of music I listen to while I am drawing: (I will keep add more to the list as I discover more cool stuff. 🙂
My favorite composers (These kind of music help me zone in from 0 to 100% within the matter of seconds, especially the heavy percussion ones. Give it a shot!)
The Dark Knight
Gladiator (I can listen to this all the time, never gets old)
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End
Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
The Last Samurai
Black Hawk Down
Mission: Impossible II
300 Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
Hellboy II: The Golden Army
Men in Black II
Planet of the Apes
Men in Black
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone: “Hedwig’s Theme”
Star Wars: A New Hope
Star Wars: The Phantom Menace
Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith
Raiders of the Lost Ark
A.I.: Artificial Intelligence
Jaws: “Main Theme”
Superman: “Main Theme”
Chronicles Of Riddick Soundtrack
Freddy vs. Jason (2003) *Apparently I own it, and it’s good.
-James Newton Howard
-The Devil’s Advocate
-The Sixth Sense
-Astrud Gilberto (Stan Getz)
I believe music can be an important inspiration component to infuse your certain element you want to convey (so does silent once in a while). You absorb tones and mostly what I listen to doesn’t contain any lyrics because personally it can be distraction so the list of music provided here most of them doesn’t have lyrics though some do…occasionally, but some I don’t even know what they were talking about and that’s good I think…I just absorb their energy and pass along thru my art if needed.
IF ANYONE HAS COOL RECOMMENDATION ABOUT WHAT TO LISTEN TO, FEEL FREE TO POST REPLY ON COMMENT THEN I WILL ADD THEM TO THE LIST.
LET’S BUILD THE MUSIC ARCHIVE FOR ARTIST. 😉
Recommended by OUR readers and Friends!
**Also read their comment below there are some good tips and useful stuff there.
-Buddha Bar of Café Del Mar
-Jimi Hendrix (all of them!)
-Radiohead (Radiohead’s Kid A and Amnesiac albums)
-Tool (Lateralus and 10,000 Days)
-Muse, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Coheed and Cambria.
-Chopin’s Piano Concertos
-Zap Mama and other neo-soul music
-The Grouch and Eligh “No More Greener Grasses”
-Megadeth and Metallica
-Smashing Pumpkin listen here (The Beginning is the End is the Beginning)
-The Life Aquatic’s
-Alice in Chain (Oh yeah!)
-System of the down
Sashsa – Invlover, Airdrawndagger
-Muffler – Sighco Show
-Black Sun Empire – Cruel and Unusual, Driving insane, Endangered species
-Hybrid – I choose Noise, Y4k, and Wide Angle
-Global Underground Electric Calm 1-4
-Random Rab – Elucidation of Sorrow and Epicycle
-Tipper – The Critical Path, Relish the through
– Lounge and Nu Jazz Cafe, similar to Buddah bar