How to draw face side view. This video shows you how to draw portrait of a female side view. There are two video tutorials for how to draw face side view in this post. First one is digital. Second is in pencil on paper. You can choose from the labelled buttons under the video. Also I have step by step drawing tutorial if you scroll down more below.
I usually start with basic geometry shape, for face, I use a circle but when you draw it out you should treat it as sphere. Then I draw a triangular shape below on one side of the sphere. Then I draw a horizontal line across the circle about half the height. Then the distance from the line to the bottom of the chin, halfway in between that you could establish the bottom of the nose. Then half way between the bottom of the nose to chin, you will find where you could place a mouth.
Then on the horizontal line itself, you can draw another line underneath it parallel to the first one. And that would be the estimated distance of the eye’s height. Anyway here is a final piece of the sketch.
Below is the instruction how to draw people face side view step by step.
1) I start with an circle shape drawing (Same as the front), but this one I am going to draw a frontal shot.
2) Then I add a triangle shape in middle of the bottom to make a chin. But this time move the triangle all the way to the left (or right) *see arrow.
3) The I drew a horizontal to divide the circle in half. This horizontal line would be where humans eyes should be, they are usually right in the middle of the face horizontally. There is no need for vertical line because you already have the left edge of the outline of the circle + triangle and that’s where the nose and lips should line up in relation to the face. The I make the nose (bottom) mark and the mouth line. (The nose should be place half way in between the horizontal line and the bottom edge line of the circle. The mouth usually half way between the nose and chin.)
4) After I have all the important facial feature mark, I go in and tighten up the line drawing. When you draw the nose, just imagine drawing a triangle edge with curve in (convect) just a little bit or however you prefer it to look. Then the upper lip should be more outward or pronounce than the lower lip. Also connect the line from the bottom of the nose to the upper lips (make it a bit slope, not vertical)
5) At this stage I begin to draw hair line starting from her forehead. Then I added her neck in.
6) Continue the hairline to frame her face. Make it simple in big clumps of hair, simplify big clump of hair and don’t focus on individual hair itself (I might do a tutorial on this later.)
7) The top of the head should be additional half a circle tall, measure from the top of the existing circle. Then I continue to tighten up the line draw a bit more.
8) It looks fin, then I clean up the construction lines. Done!